Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Soaring Beanies and a Silk Scarf

At Knitter's Guild on the weekend we made a silk scarf, no yarn in sight, but we had fun, and while having afternoon tea and waiting for scarfs to dry completely, I did manage to do some knitting on my first soaring eagles project beanie.

The colours I used for the scarf were a purple, bright pink and deep aqua, they came together pretty well for my first attempt. It was a pretty windy day, so we took the scarfs outside and held onto them as they flapped around in the wind, which dried them nearly completely in a short time.


I have finished 3 beanies for Soaring Eagles Project. They have asked to be knitted in acrylic for ease of caring for.


The first two (at the bottom of photo) are from the MODA Impact Issue 3 Children's Knit book, on size 4mm needles and knitted with blue acrylic. The were both a quick knit, plain but versatile.

The third beanie is the Basic Cable beanie on page 75 of Stitch N Bitch Nation. I didn't read the instructions properly (surprise, surprise), and didn't do the 6 rows of rib, I just got stuck straight into the 6 row cable repeat, it was so easy, and nice to knit, I am really happy with this pattern so will probably do more.

6 comments:

Procrastiknitter said...

They are just gorgeous! I can't wait to see them in person!

metal and knit said...

I have got a blue one done from the first stitch n bitch book

Sharon said...

They are so lovely, well done.

Marti said...

great hats, i am one of those who has a tendancy to not read the darn patterns completely either. silly me. but sometimes it has the added plus of looking just as good or better.

Unknown said...

It was good to see you at SnB on the weekend. Didnt get much time to catch up but I did like your yellow beanie.

2paw said...

They look lovely!! I like the cables!!!