Friday, September 02, 2005

Random thoughts.....

I have a lot going through my head at the moment.......wouldn't it be nice to be able to just put your arms around all the sadness in the world, give it a big hug and it would make it alright. Wishful thinking I know......but one day!

I finished the scarf's for the little girl and her teddy bear my Mum was going to knit. I will post them off today to my Mum on her holiday. This little 4 year old has been with the grandparents for a short time, they didn't know she existed until recently when someone called them, her Mum is away until Christmas time for doing something wrong, this little thing couldn't even talk, I am seeing a different side of my Mum which is so heart felt, she has always been a caring person, but now I know where I get all these feelings of fixing up all the problems from, From my Mum. Anyway after a few weeks away with her grandparents and meeting my parents she is talking alot. Someone who needs a huge hug to make it better.

Then there is Katrina and now didn't she let loose on New Orleans and surrounds, what can we do we are all wondering, maybe we should just start knitting all kinds of things for them, the children, the adults I don't know but they will be coming into winter soon, is their winter cold like say in New York, or do they have mild winters??? See being an Aussie I don't know these things. If there is anyone In America who is going to be knitting for these people and passing things onto them, let me know I am happy to contribute.

When it comes to doing things, sometimes I think the actual item is better than money, as with most charities it takes up to 75% for administration costs, that doesn't leave much from your donations going to the actual cause. There are some highly paid CEO's heading most Charities.

Then Baghdad...all those people killed from a stupid rumour which would have made them totally freak out and try to save themselves. Some people are just so cruel, you can only hope the person who started the rumour got hurt, Yeah I know that is not very nice, but hey, it isn't nice what the others are going through either.

Anyway it is Friday and the weekend hopefully will be good, and we will be thinking about all the people in Baghdad and New Orleans.

On a lighter note and something a bit funny....I was checking out my secret pal's blog last week and wanted to make a comment, I thought about it as I didn't want her to know who I was, so I made up a false blog site address, and bugger me if it wasn't a real website, it was in Australia luckily as it was www.topsecret.com.au. I don't think I will do that in a hurry again. I had to then email my secret pal on my secret email address and tell her that it was a made up address and it wasn't me.

On the needles, is a cotton bandage which the knitters guild send overseas for people with Leprosy.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend.

3 comments:

Cece said...

Although a nice thought, New Orleans is HOT HOT HOT all year round.

They are telling everyone to send $$$ to the American Red Cross.

Hope all is well on the other side of the world!

Ruby Girl said...

All is well this side of the world. I checked out the American Red Cross site and then the Australian Red Cross site, the Australian Red cross are going to set up a site to donate to the American Red Cross, I will keep on eye on it for when they have it up and running. I guess it is a bit like our top end, hot all year round although they do get cold during the night in winter. Money looks the go.

Ruby Girl said...

Hi Laurel

It is great that the Asutralian Red Cross will be helping out, it will make donating easier for us here.

Your parcel is in the post today, hopefully it will arrive within the next 10 days.