
Branching Out is finished, I am so glad I persevered, it looks great, my sister should love it. I uploaded this picture by the blogger new photo adding item, so if you can't see it let me know, as I can't seem to add anymore pictures on this post through the same thing. So the pictures of the French Market Bag below are done through "Hello".
I took all my finished projects in the last two weeks to knitters guild on the weekend, they reckon I should put Dad's vest in Kiama show, but that is in January, Dad said he didn't mind, but I would love him to have it this winter, and they loved the knitting bag from my secret pal.
I started on the French Market Bag saturday morning, so I had something to knit at knitters guild, the stitch markers my secret pal made me have come in so handy already. I got my addi bamboo set of 5 dpn's and the bamboo circular in two days of ordering from STYK's, they are a gem to knit with.

French Market Bag started

Above is the bag started before knitting on saturday arvo and then below what I have done last night. The bottom is in tartan colours that someone had given me in yarn they were throwing out, and the top of the bag is in handspun and dyed wool by Kerry, that I bought at the exhibition Donni was involved in, I just love the colours in it.

French Market Bag

French Market Bag

Not much knitting done yesterday until the evening,as we went riding with the HOG group yesterday to Berrima, most were so cold, but not me, I know how to layer and dress for warmth (the only way to go when riding in winter), it may not be a fashion statement, but who cares when you are warm. We had a great day. So back to work today, I am having Friday off, my youngest son turns 22 on Friday, and I am going for a haircut and colour, something different again I think, and hopefully have time to go to Wollongong to Spotlight and see if they have a substitute 4ply cotton other than Rowan 4ply cotton, (I need something a bit more reasonable priced) to do the lacy top from Stitch N Bitch Nation.
4 comments:
Hi Annie!
Thanks for your comments on my sweater - I'm definitly going to be reworking the zipper - just not today. That picture was taken right in my front yard, if you can believe it. The previous owners didn't take much care of the gardens, but I'm getting them there - slowly but surely.
Hope all is well on you side of the world - the yarn and needles will be on their way tomorrow!
Love that branching out scarf. I'm about to start one too. I just swatched a bit of the pattern with my sp gifted alpaca cloud. If I had've known we could have had a knitalong. How long did it take you once you got the hang of the pattern repeat?
1. Cece - your yard is great, it looks like parkland. All is well on this side of the world.
2. Knitabulous - It took a bit to get use to, I frogged so many times it drove me crazy. It only took about a week of knitting each night, so all in all not to bad - I will bring it to stitchNbitch saturday week as Sharon wants to have a look at it.
Annie - I can check with Clair at Xotik yarns if she has 4 ply cotton (I am sure she does) and she can send some down and I can bring it to snb too if you want. What colours were you after? Check out www.xotikyarns.com.au and let me know.
Post a Comment