Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Happy New Year

2013 has started out very busy with knitting. I was way behind in what I wanted to knit for the local argricultural shows held in January. I couldn't make up my mind last week if I would enter, I had some things nearly knitted and some just needed sewing together. I decided last weekend that if I finished knitting the short sleeve cardigan that I would enter, so I knit and I knit and then knit some more and finally got it finished and sew together, it is a winter short sleeve cardigan/vest type thing. I love it, it turned out really nice.

Other knitting for my local Albion Park Show to be held this weekend 12 & 13 January are a pink 4ply wool 3 piece baby set, 2 pairs of booties which I knit a couple of vintage pattern booties, a lace shrug/cardigan which is for my grand-daugher, a cotton summer top, a cotton swing dress which are also for my grand-daughter. I wasn't going to put the last two items in, but as I have been a bit slow on the knitting I decided to, to make up numbers.

 
 
Today has been the hotest day here in many many years, with "Catastrophic fire" warnings for the area I live and other places in NSW with very hot temperatures and high winds, it has not been  a good day for bush fires. Luckily we didn't have any in my immediate area, but not far away have been some huge bush fires. It is really good now as the RFS (Rural Fire Service) send out sms messages to most people with mobile phones warning them of the dangers in their area. It is still very hot and is not going to be a comfortable night sleeping in this heat, a southerly wind is due early hours of the morning which should cool things down.
 

Photos will have to come later as I don't seem to be able to select any to upload. Not sure what is going on with it.

No comments: