I haven't been blogging, but I have been knitting. I started knitting for a monthly market which has been going well. It does take up so much of my time, I am still working full time, so knitting is for evenings and weekends.
As it is getting into summer here, I am really noticing that the time I have been spending on knitting for the markets has me neglecting all other aspects of my life.
I know we knitters don't usally worry about the housework so much, but there comes a time when it really needs doing, and I am missing going out and doing some gardening and the poor garden really looks neglected with some really healthy looking weeds taking over.
So here I am contemplating how my life should be going. With the recent death of my mother-inlaw a couple of weeks ago, I am starting to think a bit about what I really want to be doing with my time away from work, unfortunately I still have to work full time.
I am thinking of not doing the markets and maybe trying other avenue's of selling my knitting eg. etsy or the Australian online markets "madeit".
I am going to make a list of things I really need or would like to do at home with my spare time and see if I can juggle things a bit better.
To start with I am now knitting a winter top for myself for next year, which I probably will put in Albion Park Show in January, and a beanie with Brooklyn Tweed yarn and pattern I picked up while in USA recently. I love the USA, I have a savings plan in place so we can get back there in 4 years time - Route 66 Santa Monica Pier to Chicago here we come along with some eastern states in Autumn. Big trip so alot of saving is going to be happening around my place.
Here's to life......just do it!
2 comments:
I am glad you've been doing some knitting and how sensible to be preparing for next winter now!! It's when all the patterns from the other side of the world are shiny and new. My friends are all off to the USA next year, it's nice to hear good reports of a fantastic time.
I am sorry to read of the death in your family. It is sometimes a good impetus to reflect on your own life.
Hi Rubygirl,
I can feel for you about the housework and us knitters. I have had to promise myself that over these holidays, each day I have to spring clean something in the house, then I can knit, sew and do craft things. It seems to work on my mentality alright, as I have stuck to it. And as for my garden....I do go out there...but I take my knitting with me!! lol
Cheers, Anita.
Post a Comment