Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm Back.....


I have been up north right on the border, nice weather, took all the wrong kind of clothes, clothes which are more suited for our winter weather, not the northern winter. Had to go and buy a short sleeve top for some days to wear. I had a wedding to go to and it was great that it was where my son lives so I got to visit with them....just wonderful. Stayed a week longer than planned, a bit of a hiccup and stress, stress, stress, but all good now. Somethings seem surreal, but I guess that will pass and the excitement of things will come back.

I did take knitting but with my grand-daugher to enjoy I wasn't really planning on doing any. She was sick most of the time with what turned out to be a bad infection through her body from scratching sores on her face, she gets excema and scratches it until she makes a real mess of herself and then scratches some more. The Dr. said the sores on her face were school sores, not sure how she got them, maybe off a shopping trolley if that is possible. I did get some knitting done while she slept which was a lot for a couple of days while the medication kicked in.

One day she came downstairs after a sleep, I had been knitting socks, I had put them down on the lounge and she climbed up beside them, she lent over picked up the knitting and started clicking the ends of the needles together, how cute. But then she reached over and picked up my reading glasses and put them on and started to look like she was knitting....priceless.


I guess she always sees me knitting with my glasses on and she probably thought that is what you do....she is 22 months old.

I did get a photo of her which I will upload at a later time.

With that I am still on the second sock, so after I get a bit more organised now I am home I will get knitting on it to finish it.

3 comments:

2paw said...

It is often the unexpected things that are the most fun!! Your grand-daughter sounds so cute and is definitely a potential knitter!!!

DrK said...

glad to hear you are home safe, hope everyone is well. cute image of your granddaughter, we definitely need a photo of that!

Unknown said...

I can not beleive how much she's grown! you must miss them not living with you..

the glasses, the knitting - so CUTE!