Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shawl is all done...

Finally after 6 months of knitting on this baby shawl it is all done. I finished casting off last night, wrapped it in a pillow case and put it through the gentle cycle on the washing machine. It is now spread out on the dining table drying. It looks beautiful. It was still looking pretty much like a big blob early Wednesday night while still casting-off, but it soon began to look like the beautiful piece of work it is.


It is knitted in 3ply pure wool by Shepherd (machine washable) on 3.25mm needles. I used circular needles throughout and ended up on a 1.5 metre long circular. Even though it was taking over 2 hours each row for the last 20 odd rows or so (over 2,231 stitches), it was still an enjoyable knit, especially when it is going to my grand-daughter.


I told her parents last night that I want to know the second they are even thinking about having another baby so I can get started on a baby shawl for that baby. I plan to knit one for every grand child, whether it be one or how ever many I end up with.
Now I am onto the blanket that #2 son sent yarn over for me to knit for the baby, this is just a plain stocking stitch knit (he wanted something that she could use for a while to come). Will be all caught up when that is done, well except for WIP's and all my stash.

4 comments:

Donyale said...

It looks so lovely Annie - bring it tomorrow?

amysue said...

Oh my, that is one of the most lovely shawls 've ever seen!

Dropstitchknitter said...

That is stunning - what a wonderful keepsake.

Katewillknit said...

It looks great! What patience it must have taken for the last rows!