After a freezing night on friday night, and I did have plenty of warn clothes and bedding, but maybe just not enough we woke to a lovely saturday morning, the one thing about mt keira is that even on a nice sunny winters day, once you get in the shade or the sun goes down over the tall mountain behind the camp the it is bloody cold.
On saturday after a breakfast of firstly porridge with heaps of brown sugar and milk then bacon, eggs and toast we headed up to the Lodge to knit some more and to try our hand a painted dyeing.
We had knitting up squares before the camp in 4ply white pure wool, I knitted enough for a baby beanie. I painted the dye on in bright pink and blue large spots that ran into each other making a nice purple colour. Then when dried I unravelled the knitting into a ball and then knitted a beanie. I got within 3 rows of finishing and ran out of wool. So I had to frog it back to the beginning of the last pattern repeat rows and make it a bit shorter then proceed to finish the beanie. It came out beautifully. I will have photos when Metal and Knit emails them to me. I got my camera out to take a picture before I unravelled the square and guess what....you guessed it....flat batteries. So annoying, I get about 9 photos and then the batteries go flat.
I bought some dark apricot colour 4ply shepherd pure wool to knit my unborn grand daughter a jumper, I got started on that this morning after finishing off the beanie and I am up to the armholes on it.
I won't be getting much knitting done tonight, I will be watching the inside of my eyelids very soon, I am so tired, but a good tired, after so much fun. Thank you to CR&K Daisy Designs at Fairy Meadow for putting on such a wonderful "Knitters Retreat" again this year.
I will leave you with a photo of me (on the right in blue top) and another woman knitting outside with a beautiful view backdrop.
4 comments:
It was a great weekend, Annie! And yes, Friday night was freezing - I'll be buying a new sleeping bag before next year!
I am so scared of being cold at night - last year I brought 3 doonas and this year I bought the warmest sleeping bag I could find. I was toasty!
Hey Annie, what does dc stand for?
Darling Child....of course
What a great weekend you all had!! So much fun and knitting!!!
Post a Comment