Sunday, May 25, 2008

The week of knitting

I have knitted each night on the baby shawl. I have 640 stitches on the needles and have just gone up a length on the circular needle and am nearly through the 2nd ball of wool. The picture shows from the centre to one side. It is so hard to get a good photo of something when knitting on circular needles as you can't stretch it out flat.

I also have on the needles a bandage in 4ply cotton which will go to Niger for Leprosy patients, it is great for just picking up and knitting of a morning before work or while dinner is cooking etc, an easy non thinking knit between knitting on the shawl.

The other things I have knitted this last week are 4 kitchen towel tops. A person I knit with asked me to make her some, I was going to sell the other 2 at the Knitter's Guild sale in July in Kiama, but I may not be available at that time and I don't really have much to sell anyway.


2 comments:

metal and knit said...

The shawl looks great and will be even better when it is done.

You can always keep the other hand towels for a gift pile in a box for the just incase or christmas stock.

2paw said...

Oh yes, your shawl is so beautiful. So many stitches though!!!