Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

New Year's Eve DH and I went to Wollongong with friends for dinner and then walked down to Wollongong harbour to watch the fireworks at 9.30pm. I use to play there as a small girl with my sister and our aunty, (she was a teenager when we were small children). Our aunty would walk as to the harbour to play on the sand and the swings there when we visited our grandparents. We then drove home and watched the Sydney fireworks at midnight on tv.

Can you believe that another year is over and 2008 has began. What a lovely day it was today, the first day of 2008.

We went for a long ride 455 ks, I am pretty tired tonight. It was very hot here today, and over the mountain was extremely hot, not a breeze anywhere. I have to get 1600 ks on the bike to have the first service and get the nice loud pipes on it, I now have 498 ks to go, thank goodness for that. Another 2 weeks then it will sound like a harley should....loud and recognisable.

I have thought a bit tonight about the year ahead and what goals I would like to reach. After I think or make some I will soon forget some of them and will probably forget to keep looking here to check on how I am going.

I will knit every last bit of yarn in this room by the end of 2008 (sound familiar... same goal as last year but I did get through a lot of it, just so much more to go).

I will try to get to Curves 3 times a week and try to lose some fat of the old body and try to be a lot more fitter than I am sitting here tonight.

I will try not to drink so much alcohol or maybe just not until a special occasion. And no after dinner sitting knitting and watching tv on any day is not a special occasion....bugger.

I will try to be a lot more tolerant of people around me (even strangers).

And a big one...will be to go through all my recipe books and get rid of a lot of them. I am such a sucker for recipe books and knitting books.

That will be about it for now, I may revise this list after a few months. See how I go first.

Well I am going to sit, knit and what some tv while drinking a zero coke (with NO added bourbon) before going to bed.

Happy New Year again to you all.

4 comments:

weebug said...

happy new year my friend, thanks for sharing your new year adventure with us!

Rachael Elswyk said...

Happy New Year! Good luck with the goals, although I think that we all need a little alcohol when even thinking about reducing the stash!!!!!!
Sounds like you had a nice NYE.

Katewillknit said...

happy new year. Sounds like some ambitious targets. Good Luck! I'm not game to make any cause I know I'll fail dismally.

2paw said...

Happy New Year!! I am so impressed with your Hemlock, I am going to knit one and seeing yours has inspired me to be ready as soon as it is cooler!! Great news about the bike too!! Good luck with all your goals.