Wednesday, May 10, 2006

WTF...

I decided to look around my template and settings etc, and liked the blue colouring of a blog, so I thought I would be clever and change it. Now it did say something about not saving something or other... so I just hit the button and way it went, I got the nice background, but WTF...I lost all my links. Shit I am mad with myself.

I have lost some I can't remember, but one imperticular was I think the first one listed on "other blogs I read", and for the life of me I can't remember what the name or address was. I really enjoyed reading the blog too. She is building a family home on some land and it is made of styrofoam sheets with concrete poured in between. Bugger it.

On the knitting front, I have decreased for the armholes on the back of the black vest for #2 son GF, hoping to finish the back tonight.

7 comments:

Rachael Elswyk said...

I know it's a bit late, but the next time you do change your template, highight the sidebar part of your template text using select all and click copy. This will save all your links and stuff onto notepad function, when you pick your new template, just paste the copied text into the sidebar part of your new template. There is porbably an easier way, butI did this with my other blog and it worked ok. I hope you find the missing link [Darwin] hehehe

Rachael Elswyk said...

Of course don't highlight the whole text, so don't use select all, just highlight the sidebar text...sorry

Shan said...

You can check your internet history for that link -- it should be saved there.

Ruby Girl said...

Thanks for all the helpful comments, I shall check them out. Sorry no it wasn't yarn harlot.

handknit168 said...

I have experience this before when changing blog display. It is lucky that it is at my early stage of writing blog, so I can recover them very easily.

2paw said...

I second Jade : look in your History. You might have to wade through quite a few sites, but if you know the day you visited, it cuts down on the amount. The blue looks great though!!!!

Anonymous said...

Did the same thing myself when I changed the template for my blog. Really annoying when you can't recall all of your faves!
I hope someone can jog your memory.