Sunday, March 26, 2006

SEx...what a day

We had a pretty good time on our bus trip last saturday, a week has already gone by.

I did pretty well I only got one pattern book over what I had on my list. I bought some 3mm circulars in 60cm & 80cm, some Ivore 3mm straight needles in two lengths, (I am not a long needle person) for a shawl I want to knit. I got a Cleckheaton Pattern Book no. 942book that Donna had and I like, I bought Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tween yarn for the Sunrise Circle jacket and the extra pattern book was a Cleckheaton book with some lovely patterns. I then got to 3mm circulars x 40cm at my LYS. I was so pleased with myself for not going over the top, which could have been done very easily.

We had morning tea at Robertson in a lovely little shop which had nice candles and things plus lovely cakes. I had 1/2 a piece of "spice of life" slice and a hot chocolate which come in a pot not a mug, it was huge. Tianne still has some of her slice in front of her, the mug I got was a round as the plate the slice come on.




Here are some ladies walking back to the bus after spending a fair bit of time in Robertson checking out all the lovely shops, yarn stores included.







We went onto Bowral and visited Wool Addiction, it was extremely addictive, they have a room with lounges to sit around and chat or knit, a room for coffee, tea and biscuits, then 3 rooms of some really lovely yarns for all yarn tastes, the staff were wonderful and friendly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day you have had! I spent mine with my kids at Timezone (sigh).
I'm hoping to start on the Sunrise Jacket very soon. Loved that edition of IK

Cece said...

Awesome fun day! I have a weekend like that planned for next weekend... I can't wait.

Shan said...

I am surprised you had the strength to walk out of a shop named Wool Addiction, lol.

Amanda said...

Hi, thanks for checking out my blog, but sorry for the gross blister picture! I promise that this is not normal for me... most pics will be of yarn and beads! I visited Australia a couple of years ago, and loooooved it. I love the idea of a 'stash reduction' project- and I have started trying to use leftovers from other projects... it's fun to try of think of things to use old yarn bits for. I also really like the handwarmy glove-y things- they are so cute!