Monday, November 07, 2005

Knitting progress

Damn my left arm from elbow down is so sore, I think something is a little overwork in it or something, it really hurts to bend or twist my arm from side to side. Anyway that won't stop the knitting.

I have now finished the right front of "Lucky" and will start the left front tonight, this is knitting up quicker that what I imagined. Photos to come. I also completed two pattern repeats on my Mum's blanket for Christmas.

Stupid me got my arms so sunburnt yesterday, and I didn't even think I was out in the sun for long, well at any one time that is. We washed our bikes, I hang out heaps of loads of washing, (that is probably what did it), we mowed the lawn at 4.30pm, so I was cranky with myself when later in the evening I realised how burnt my arms were, and the cancer spot cut out recently is extrememly red and raw, I hope it goes before I go back to specialist Tuesday week to have a mole cut of my back. Boy is he going to be pissed. I will have to put on the sunscreen all the time, I wish it was in the shower water it would make is so easy, instead of trying to put it on yourself.

Thanks Shannon for the lovely card you sent to say hello. It was really thoughtful. I am trying to decide on what to send Weebug, I had better get my act together before long and also the November person I have to do something for her. It is all so exciting.

Ailsa is knitting Annie Modesitt's Corset Thank Top and it is beautiful. I didn't put two and two together when she was showing us how it was going the other week, I decided to have a look at where to get the pattern from and it was then I realised that I have Annie's book "Confessions of a Heretic Knitter", I haven't read much yet, but what I have read is very interesting, something I will have a try at next year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your thoughts about the tornado victims. Yes, it does seem to be pretty bad on storms, but we actually had a light Tornado season this past summer. Sure hope it isn't because they took a vacation and are back ont he job now. Hope your sunburn is healing! You better watch that, my Dad has to be extra vigilant too. Have a great day!

Marti said...

Sorry to hear about your sunburn, that doesn't sound pleasant at all. And you are so right about the little bear, he does look like a koala!